New Year, New You. Earn your Level 2 License.
To obtain your Level 2 license you must pass the CAIB 2 and the CAIB 3 exams. (BC, SK, MB)
Alberta requires CAIB 1, CAIB 2 and CAIB 3 completion to earn your level 2 license.
Use ILScorp’s online CAIB exam preparation courses, or Daily Assisted Virtual Classroom Programs to quickly prepare you for your Level 2 license.
CAIB Exam Prep Self-Study Online Video Courses are divided into easy-to-manage chapters with end of chapter quizzes. Each chapter includes 10-20 video clips of the instructor, along with easy to read text. A downloadable PDF workbook, key terms, a mock midterm and a mock final exam are also included. Once you purchase your subscription, you can begin taking your course immediately! All material is viewed online and is accessible 24/7.
MORE INFO ON CAIB EXAM PREP
How the CAIB exam preparation courses work
- Once you purchase, you can begin taking your course immediately! If you are a new subscriber, you will receive an automated username and password by email.
- All material is viewed online. All you need is an internet connection!
- Your course can be accessed any time. You can log in and log out as many times as you wish, pause, rewind and review, unlimited access for 4 months.
- Quizzes and Final exams help you retain the information.
- Once you feel prepared to write your CAIB exam, you must contact your Insurance Council, or in BC the Brokers Association to book your exam.
- Should you require any assistance at any time during your course work, we are here to support you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
British Columbia Level 2 General Insurance Agent License
A level 2 general insurance agent is not restricted to where he or she can work and is not prohibited from signing contracts of insurance. Although insurance industry experience is not required, an applicant must be an authorized representative of a licensed general insurance agency and have met the educational requirements.
Saskatchewan Level 2 General Insurance Agent License
A Level 2 licensee shall not manage an agency.
Manitoba Level 2 General Insurance Agent License
A level 2 general insurance agent is authorized, to sell the insurance policies authorized under section 3, both inside and outside of the office of a general insurance agency, but is not authorized to manage the office of a general insurance agency
Please note Monday December 21 through to Friday December 25, 2020 the ILScorp offices will be closed for company holidays.
We are back in the office on Monday December 28.
Wishing you every happiness this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
The entire team at ILScorp is truly grateful to you for choosing us as your educational provider.
We highly value our customers and it has been a sincere pleasure serving so many of you this year!
We hope you enjoy your online e-learning experiences with ILScorp. Your support and patronage along with your honest suggestions and feedback, has helped us shape our business now and for the future.
Again,thanks so much for choosing ILScorp.
We look forward to educating you for many years to come!
During the ILScorp office closure all courses and subscriptions are available to purchase online via credit card.
Please note we will not be scheduling any licensing exams during the closure.
Just for good measure, here are some of our most commonly asked questions:
How do I retrieve my username and password for my insurance courses?
If you have forgotten your username or password simply:
- Go to www.ilscorp.com
- Click on ‘Forgot Password?’ under the log-in boxes
- Enter your email that we currently have on file for you
- If this method is unsuccessful, call our customer service reps at 1-800-404-2211 and we will assist you.
I’ve logged in and all I see is ‘No Courses Found’.
Why can’t I see my courses?
ILScorp courses are available for a specific amount of time from the date of purchase; your course(s) subscription may have expired. CE course subscriptions and individual courses are available for 6 months from the date of purchase, with unlimited amount of access. If you log into your ILScorp profile and do not see any courses listed under the “My Courses” tab, you can renew / purchase your course subscription from the ILScorp Course Catalog, or by choosing your subscription category here. Once your purchase is complete, you will have immediate access to your courses.
How do I register for more online insurance courses?
To renew your subscription or register for a licensing course simply:
- Go to www.ilscorp.com
- Do not log in – find the course or subscription you wish to purchase and click ‘Buy Now’
- If you are a returning user – enter your current username/password – click ‘Sign In’ (Do not make a new account)
- If you are a new user – create a new account and fill in all applicable information – click ‘Submit Information’
- Enter your credit card information as it appears on your billing statement
Visit or FAQ page to see more. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
In March 2020, Manitoba’s Superintendent of Financial Institutions had approved that the requirement for mandatory Continuing Education (CE) reporting for the 2020 licence renewal was to be deferred to May 2021 for all licensed agents, and deferred to June 2021 for all licensed adjusters. This allowed Manitoba licence holders who were required to report CE credits to renew their licences for 2020 without having to complete or report mandatory CE for the 2020 year.
This is an early reminder that licence holders must complete the required number of CE credits for both the 2020 and 2021 years, and report all of these hours prior to licence renewal for 2021.
GET CE CREDITS ONLINE
The Insurance Council of Manitoba (ICM) thanks industry for the positive feedback we received for the 2020 reporting deferral. We commend all stakeholders involved in the renewal process during May and June 2020.
For the 2021 Manitoba licence renewal, if you are required to complete and report CE in Manitoba, the following number of CE credits will be required to be completed and entered into your online portal before being able to renew your licence(s):
• General insurance agents: 16 CE credits completed and reported prior to May 31, 2021;
• Auto Only insurance agents: 8 CE credits completed and reported prior to May 31, 2021;
• Adjusters (N/A to Hail Adjusters): 16 CE credits completed and reported prior to June 30, 2021;
• Life and/or A&S agents: 30 CE credits completed and reported prior to May 31, 2021.
You will be unable to renew your licence(s) in 2021 if you do not complete and report the 2020 CE credit requirements in addition to the 2021 CE credit requirements.
However, as in each year, licence holders who are resident in another Canadian jurisdiction which has mandatory CE requirements are not required to also fulfil the Manitoba annual CE credit criteria.
For more detailed information on CE requirements in Manitoba, please refer to the Continuing Education Info page on the ICM website.
New Licensees as of June 1, 2020 (July 1, 2020 for adjusters) MUST ensure that their CE is accumulated in the 2020/2021 licence year. Refer to this page on the ICM website for additional information.
Examples of CE requirement scenarios for the 2021 year due to the 2020 deferral:
1. Example #1: If a general or adjuster licence holder currently has 4 credit hours applied/reported in the CE system on May 1, 2020, they would be required to obtain and report 12 additional CE credits to renew their licence in May 2021 (June 2021 for adjusters). Each year thereafter, they would be required to obtain the annual CE requirement of 8.
2. Example #2: If a life licence holder currently has 0 credit hours applied/reported in the CE system on May 1, 2020, they would be required to obtain and report 30 CE credits to renew their licence in May 2021. Each year thereafter, they would be required to obtain the annual CE requirement of 15 within their annual licence period (no carry forward).
3. Example #3: If a life licence holder currently has 19.5 credit hours applied/reported in the CE system on May 1, 2020, they would only be required to obtain and report an additional 10.5 CE credits to renew their licence in May 2021. Each year thereafter, they would be required to obtain the annual CE requirement of 15 within their annual licence period (no carry forward).
INSURANCE COUNCIL OF MANITOBA
Understanding the impact of your own communication style as well as that of others is just the starting point of a good relationship. There is another important factor that needs to be considered. What motivates the other person, or in other words, what is it they want that is making them behave the way they do? Words, body language and tone of voice are all simple mechanisms that an individual might use to get what they want!
This is the first in a series of posts in which we will explain the most common personality language. DISC is the foundation of understanding for virtually every human personality type, and the science of DISC is proven and trusted all over the world as the benchmark in understanding human behaviour. Understanding your own communication style is the initial step towards better relationships
Learn more about understanding your own communication style.
DISC stands for:
The elements of DISC are represented by a plethora of suppliers under a variety of aliases, including but not limited to colours, temperatures, seasons, bunnies and tigers and a variety of other pseudonyms. No matter what they are called, the elements of DISC are common to all personality types and vary in intensity from one person to another.
It is important to understand that every personality has all of these elements in it to varying degrees. In other words, some will be highly dominant and low compliant, with a very low steady style and a moderate influencing style.
Understanding how the various elements of the DISC blend with each other is extremely important. Hence, you should avoid referring to someone as HIGH DOMINANT or LOW COMPLIANT since all of the 4 elements will come into play in a variety of situations.
In future posts we will break down each element of behaviour, explore how these elements of DISC blend with each other and how-to best communicate with the various styles.
The ILS Communication course will be available in 2021.
If you’d like to understand why you behave the way you do…. this report is for YOU!
The TTI Success Insights® Behaviors and Motivators Report was designed to increase the understanding of an individual’s talents. The report provides insight to two distinct areas: behaviors and motivators.
Understanding strengths and weaknesses in both of these areas will lead to personal and professional development and a higher level of satisfaction.
The following is an in-depth look at your personal talents in the two main sections:
This section of the report is designed to help you attain a greater knowledge of yourself as well as others. The ability to interact effectively with people may be the difference between success and
failure in your work and personal life. Effective interaction starts with an accurate perception of oneself.
This section of the report provides information on the why of your actions, which with application and coaching, can tremendously impact your valuing of life. Once you know the motivations that
drive your actions, you will immediately be able to understand the causes of conflict.
Behaviour Motivation Sample Report
Email us to learn more!
Learning Management Specialist / Developer
We are looking for a Learning Management System (LMS) professional to help our team oversee and maintain our server infrastructure and proprietary LMS system. This person will develop provided LMS content and create traditional PHP/Java based web services to implement into our global LMS strategy. The Learning Management Specialist shall provide technical best practices and recommendations to programmers and instructional designers for loading content onto the Learning Management Systems and will provide production and development support as a key member of the IT team.
Candidate must be a quick learner and be able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment. Ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starting team player.
- Microsoft SQL or MySQL Database knowledge required
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent Problem solving skills, analytical and organizational skills and demonstrates close attention to detail
- Troubleshooting on-line course content and various LMS related issues
- Upgrade existing applications for efficiency and usability with new modifications
- Publish new courses and updating existing course content
- Build / upgrade Web applications according to client needs
- Design and implement web specific applications/tools for LMS administration
- Document procedures, technical instructions and business knowledge
- Troubleshoot WordPress related issues
- Run custom database queries according to client needs using standard SQL tools
- Manage Windows Server applications and troubleshoot same
- Maintain employee email management via Microsoft Exchange Server
- Troubleshoot any network related issues both internally and externally
- Experience with various programming languages
- LMS Proficiency
- Understanding of Software developing life cycles (SDLC)
- Strong understanding of programming logic/workflow, and data population
- Experience in data analysis, SQL, and object-oriented programming languages
- Full Stack, Object-Oriented, API experience, etc., not required but strong plus
ILS Corp is an industry leader in Canada providing internet based insurance training. Building on more than two decades of live insurance training, in 2000, ILS Corp went online with ilscorp.com and became the first independent organization to offer online continuing education and insurance licensing preparation training. In 2007, ILS Corp offered the first insurance education courses in a video-streaming format. Today, ILS Corp continues to be the insurance training course provider of choice for more than 21,000 Canadian insurance professionals.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise and our IT teams are extremely skilled at creating progressive solutions in an ever changing field of on-line education.
Location: Comox, BC
Job type: Full Time / 40 hours
Wage: TBA – Based on experience
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com