The overall goal of the course is to prepare applicants for a general insurance license in Saskatchewan with the knowledge necessary to pass a Bylaws Examination.
This course is broken into fifteen parts consisting of:
- The Introduction to Bylaw Examination Information; Ten Bylaws; Schedules A, B, C; and Question Section.
- Part I: Introduction to Bylaw Examination Information
- Part II: Bylaw 1 – General Insurance Council
- Part III: Bylaw 2 – Licenses
- Part IV: Bylaw 3 – Education Requirements
- Part V: Bylaw 4 – Examinations
- Part VI: Bylaw 5 – Register and Licensing
- Part VII: Bylaw 6 – Fees
- Part VIII: Bylaw 7 – Committees & Subdelegation of functions. Powers & Duties
- Part IX: Bylaw 8 – Misconduct
- Part X: Bylaw 9 – Incompetence
- Part XI: Bylaw 10 – Discipline Process
- Part XII: Schedule A
- Part XIII: Schedule B
- Part XIV: Schedule C
- Part XV: Question Section
There is a quiz at the end of the course with 50 questions designed to test what you have learned.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
The overall goal of the course is to prepare applicants for a general insurance license in Saskatchewan with the knowledge necessary to pass a Bylaws Examination. The course material relies on the General Insurance Council Bylaws produced by the Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan, effective January 1, 2007 and since amended.