Effective May 17, 2021, new Alberta Level 1 General Insurance examinations will be introduced. In conjunction with the introduction of new examinations, the rewrite rules will be reset. This means that any student who has written and failed a General Level 1 examination prior to May 17, 2021 will not be subject to a waiting period in order to challenge the examination again.
The Alberta Insurance Council has informed that the database of the exam questions will remain very similar to the existing exam currently being used. The main difference will be that the new exam questions will be shorter in length and worded more clearly.
Due to this new licensing exam, a new Practice exam was added to the ILScorp program earlier in March of this year. The new Practice Exam is called Alberta Level 1 Practice Exam #2. These practice questions have come directly from the Alberta Insurance Council curriculum.
ILScorp has added additional material to the online exam preparation program that has also come directly from the Alberta Insurance Council. This new material is in the form of Module Supplements and is extra reading material and extra practice questions.
As for the curriculum material, these are the changes to the previous Curriculum Design Document of the General Level 1:
- Removed Garage and Fleet under Commercial Automobile and have removed Accident and Sickness.
- Added Transportation Network Policy (SPF#9) under Commercial Automobile.
NEW ILScorp Alberta Level 1 Program
ILScorp L1 Program has everything you need in one package to successfully pass your Alberta Level 1 General Insurance licensing exam.
Alberta Level 1 General Insurance Licensing Exam Preparation Program includes 7 Modules containing the following material:
- L1 General & Adjuster Insurance Licensing online course – 13 Chapters
- L1 Textbook hardcopy – 13 Chapters
- L1 Workbook hardcopy – over 650 quiz questions
- L1 Workbook Answer Key
- L1 Flashcards– over 300 exam type mobile questions
- Review Tests – 17 review tests including multiple choice answer options
- Resource of common SPF and SEF Forms
- L1 Practice Exam #1 = 200 True or False
- L1 Practice Exam #2 = 200 True or False
- L1 Alberta General Insurance Licensing Practice Exam #1 = 100 Multiple Choice
- L1 Alberta General Insurance Licensing Practice Exam #2 = 100 Multiple Choice
- ILS Alberta Level 1 Certification Exam
Access duration of 4 months – recommended study time of 80 – 120 hours