Chambre de la sécurité finaceire – CSF Mandatory Course on Compliance.
Every other reference period, or every 4 years, all members of the Chambre must obtain at least 3 Compliance PDUs by following a training activity that was built by or offered in partnership with the CSF.
The 3 PDUs are counted as part of the amount that is usually requested of representatives. The CSF’s second mandatory course on compliance is PROETHICS. This course is only available directly through the CSF Education offers on the CSF website.
The PDUs related to the CSF’s mandatory course on compliance ProEthics can only be awarded once during the two reference periods (4 year period) covered by the course, that is, between the launch of the training activity in November 2016 and the end of the current period on November 30, 2019.
Through practical advice and tools, the ProEthics training activity’s aim is to help you integrate the best practices in order to allow you to meet your ethical obligations. This course is sure to have a positive impact on your business practices and on the profession as a whole.
Description of PROETHICS (INSURANCE) Course
COURSE AVAILABLE ONLY THROUGH THE CSF WEBSITE
Every day, you are reminded that the growth of your business and your professional success are inextricably tied to the satisfaction of your customers. Strictly adhering to the rules of your profession plays a large part in helping you achieve these objectives.
In order to support you in this endeavour, the CSF is proud to offer a course that will help you put into practice the ethical obligations that your status as a financial service professional and the importance of your role with the public require you to meet. The course will help you hone the skills you’ve acquired during the 2013-2015 mandatory course.
This training activity includes audio narration, interviews, scenarios, and questions that will provide a stimulating and enriching experience. You will discover various resources including useful links, recommendations for related training activities, as well as myriad practical tools available on the CSF’s website.
- Understand the new regulations or regulatory changes relevant to your practice.
- Review the ethical obligations you have toward your clients, the public, the profession, and other financial service professionals.
- Identify the regulations that you must comply with and the behaviour you must avoid in the context of business development or promotion of services and financial products.
- Adopt the best practices when it comes to your relationship with your clients in order to foster consumer trust in the profession.
- Overall knowledge 1: Know your client
- Overall knowledge 2: Investor profile
- Overall knowledge 3: KYC update
- Ageing clients
- Financial needs analysis (FNA)
- Notice of replacement
Features of this training activity
- Interactive online training
- Even though successfully completing this activity does not require a passing grade, a performance indicator will reveal the percentage of your correct answers in each module as you progress through the activity. This indicator’s purpose is to allow you to measure your level of knowledge in compliance and ethics. Moreover, your result is not made public to other members nor is it kept in your PDU record. Your attestation will be available when you complete the activity.
More CSF Courses
CSF Professional Development Requirements
Reference period from December 1, 2015 to November 30, 2017
The Regulation of the Chambre de la sécurité financière respecting compulsory professional development applies to every professional holding an authorization issued by the Autorité des marchés financiers allowing him to practise in any of the following sectors and registration categories:
- Group savings plan brokerage;
- Scholarship plan brokerage;
- Insurance of persons;
- Group insurance of persons.
A representative must accumulate the following professional development units (PDUs):
- 10 PDUs in general subjects;
- 10 PDUs in compliance with standards, ethics and business conduct;
- 10 PDUs in topics specific to each sector or registration category in which he is authorized to pursue activities:
CARRYING OVER OF PDUs
A maximum of 5 excess PDUs accumulated during the last three months of a reference period (that is, from September 1 to November 30 of an odd-numbered year), may be carried over to the following reference period or after the exemption period. The transfer of these PDUs must be made by the representative through his secure PDU record via the members’ area.