Registering for an online CAIB 1, 2, 3 or 4 exam.
CAIB 1-4 online exams are available at the IBABC office in Vancouver BC, and also in major centres in cities around British Columbia such as:
- Campbell River – North Island College
- Cranbrook – College of the Rockies
- Castlegar – Selkirk College
- Kelowna – Okanagan Community College or UBC Okanagan Campus
- Kamloops – Thompson River University
- Nanaimo – Vancouver Island University
- Prince George – College of New Caledonia
- Vernon – Okanagan Community College
- Victoria – Camosun College
Exams must be conducted on weekdays between 9am and 4:30pm.
Students must have their proctors fill in the proctor nomination form with the details of the CAIB exam proctor, location, date and time. Students must read, sign and date the form and submit for IBABC approval a minimum of 72 hours prior to the exam date. More info
- Exam consists of multiple choice, definition and short answer questions for CAIB 1-3 and the long form answers for CAIB 4
- Students have 3.5 hours to complete the exam.
- The passing grade is 60% for each level.
- CAIB online exam marks will be available 7 days after the day students completes the exam and will be provided by email.
- The cost of the exam is $395.
- The cost to re-write the exam is $195.
Examinations may be re-written for a fee applicable each time. You may write an exam three times in a row but will then have to wait six months before a further attempt will be recognized by the Insurance Council of BC if the exam is being written for licensing purposes. Source: IBABC
ILScorp ONLINE CAIB EXAM PREP COURSE