Guidance on Fair Treatment of Customers
Lesson 1 of The New Guidance on Fair Treatment of Customers addresses the creation of the Guidance document, its purpose and scope, as well as an explanation of the document’s impact on five key areas of the industry’s activity. Lesson 2 of the course deals with the Customer Outcomes the industry hopes to achieve, as well as the specific attitudes and practices on the part of industry representatives which will accomplish these goals. There are twelve distinct outcomes articulated and for each of these outcomes there are behaviors which can be observed and monitored.
Successful participants of the course will:
- Understand the purpose and scope of the Guidance document
- Be able to explain the way the conduct of insurance business is supervised
- Know the importance of acting in compliance with the laws, regulations and guidelines to which representatives are subject
- Understand the importance of protecting the privacy of Customer information
- Possess the vocabulary, the understanding and the knowledge-base for explaining and discussing the issues around the Guidance document on the Conduct of Insurance Business and Fair Treatment of Customers.