Our History: Insurance Training Since 1991
Are you ready to start your insurance career?
ILScorp (then ILS Learning Corporation) began in 1991 as a professional education company focused on continuing education services for the Property and Casualty Insurance industry in Canada. This was a natural niche for ILScorp, as our founder and former President Steve Hawrishok authored The Fundamentals of Insurance course for Canada which issued as a Level 1 licensing course in most provinces in Canada. In addition to The Fundamentals of Insurance course Steve was asked to author the CAIB Program: Canadian Insurance Broker Designation , a four-course designation program which is used for step licensing purposes in most jurisdictions in Canada. Through ILScorp you can prepare for the CAIB 1, CAIB 2, CAIB 3, CAIB 4 provincial exams!
In 2000, the strategic decision was made to move all insurance training programs online. Putting together the need for licensing and continuing education courses for insurance professionals, with the tremendous cost savings accrued by delivering those courses over the internet, lead to the creation of ILScorp.com.
Today ILScorp is the largest online insurance training provider for the P&C industry in Canada and is the only company offering accredited (through Insurance Councils in each Province) online licensing as well as continuing education courses in all provinces of Canada. ILScorp is the official education provider of many associations such as the Canadian Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (CAMIC), the Credit Union Insurance Services Association (CUISA), Sussex Insurance, as well as over 1000 financial services companies or brokerages in Canada.
In 2008, ILScorp launched the first completely online Life Licensing Qualification Program (LLQP) available in Canada. Finally life insurance and accident and sickness insurance sales professionals had a new option for licensing.
In 2011, ILScorp launched the ILS Introduction to General Insurance (ILS IGI), a new Level One licensing program for Canadian insurance professionals. The program is accredited in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
In 2013 ILScorp facilitated the first of many Commercial Producer Schools for Intact Insurance, designed to help develop sales skills, particularly for new or junior people. Over the week-long session producers learn everything from identifying potential customers to finding the right solutions to fit their needs to closing the sale. The intent is that when a commercial producer finishes the course, he or she will be a strong sales professional, stressing the importance of personalizing the relationship with consumers.
In 2016 ILScorp reviewed, researched and listened to our students and from the results created the brand-new ILS Level 1 General and Adjuster Insurance Licensing Program. The ILS Level 1 General and Adjuster Insurance Licensing Program, is a new Level 1 licensing program for Canadian insurance professionals. The program is approved for licensing in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba to obtain a Level 1 General Insurance Sales Person License, and currently approved for Adjuster licensing in BC and Manitoba.
In 2017 ILScorp partnered with triOS College Business Technology Healthcare to introduce a new Insurance Specialist diploma program. This program is designed to address the huge need for individuals to replace a retiring workforce in the insurance industry, with a sole focus on property and casualty insurance. Graduates of this program will be able to pursue positions at insurance brokers, who play a key role in the communication between the carriers that provide insurance and the public who require it.
Soon to be based in its new location on the beautiful Comox Harbour, under its President and CEO, Ken MacRae and General Manager Dana Barr, ILScorp continues to be the educational course provider of choice for more than 21,000 Canadian insurance professionals. Building on more than two decades of insurance training, ILScorp provides insurance licensing programs and hundreds of online continuing education courses for General Insurance Brokers, Life Accident and Sickness Agents, Financial Planners and Claims Adjusters. The courses are written by industry experts and cover a variety of subjects relevant to the insurance industry and the job duties of the insurance professional.
ILScorp history at a glance:
- Founded in 1991
- Introduced online insurance training through continuing education and licensing preparation through its www.ilscorp.com website in 2000
- First company in Canada to offer online video insurance training to the insurance industry
- Developed and launched Canada’s first fully-online LLQP program in 2008
- Launched ILSTV.com, an online source for insurance news, and insurance training promotions in 2008
- In 2011, launched innovative Daily Assisted Learning Virtual Classroom education programs
- In 2011, launched the ILS Introduction to General Insurance (ILS IGI), a new Level 1 licensing program for Canadian insurance professionals
- Launched the insurance career for thousands of Canadians!
- Offers insurance training for British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario & Quebec.
- In 2014, launched FPSC Accredited Continuing Education Courses for Certified Financial Planner Professionals and FPSC Level 1™ Certificants.
- In 2016 launched the ILS Level 1 General and Adjuster Insurance Licensing Program
- In 2017 ILScorp partnered with triOS College Business Technology Healthcare to introduce a new Insurance Specialist diploma program.