Our History: Insurance Training Since 1991
Are you ready to start your insurance career?
ILScorp (then ILS Learning Corporation) began in 1991 as a professional education company focused on continuing education services for the Property and Casualty Insurance industry in Canada. This was a natural niche for ILScorp, as our founder and former President Steve Hawrishok authored The Fundamentals of Insurance course for Canada which issued as a Level 1 licensing course in most provinces in Canada. In addition to The Fundamentals of Insurance course Steve was asked to author the CAIB Program: Canadian Insurance Broker Designation , a four-course designation program which is used for step licensing purposes in most jurisdictions in Canada. Through ILScorp you can prepare for the CAIB 1, CAIB 2, CAIB 3, CAIB 4 provincial exams!
In 2000, Steve and his wife Laurie made the strategic decision to move all their insurance training programs online. Putting together the need for licensing and continuing education courses for insurance professionals, with the tremendous cost savings accrued by delivering those courses over the internet, lead to the birth of ILScorp.com.
Today ILScorp is the largest online insurance training provider for the P&C industry in Canada and is the only company offering accredited (through Insurance Councils in each Province) online licensing as well as continuing education courses in all provinces of Canada. ILScorp is the official education provider of many associations such as the Canadian Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (CAMIC), the Credit Union Insurance Services Association (CUISA) as well as over 1000 financial services companies or brokerages in Canada.
In 2008, ILScorp launched the first completely online Life Licensing Qualification Program (LLQP) available in Canada. Finally life insurance and accident and sickness insurance sales professionals had a new option for licensing.
In 2008, after receiving a request to author online health and safety training programs, ILScorp started supplying health and safety courses, re-certification and manuals to a range of companies in Canada and the USA. We are the official course providers for the Restoration Industry Association (RIA).
In 2011, ILScorp launched the ILS Introduction to General Insurance (ILS IGI), a new Level One licensing program for Canadian insurance professionals. The program is accredited in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
ILScorp history at a glance:
- Founded in 1991
- Introduced online insurance training through continuing education and licensing preparation through its www.ilscorp.com website in 2000
- First company in Canada to offer online video insurance training to the insurance industry
- Developed and launched Canada’s first fully-online LLQP program in 2008
- Launched ILSTV.com, an online source for insurance news, and insurance training promotions in 2008
- In 2008 developed and launched online and health and safety programs and becamse the official course providers for the Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- In 2011, launched innovative Daily Assisted Learning Virtual Classroom education programs
- In 2011, launched the ILS Introduction to General Insurance (ILS IGI), a new Level 1 licensing program for Canadian insurance professionals
- Launched the insurance career for thousands of Canadians!
- Offers insurance training for British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario & Quebec.
- In 2014, launched FPSC Accredited Continuing Education Courses for Certified Financial Planner Professionals and FPSC Level 1™ Certificants.