Insurance Against Liability
Chartered Insurance Professional – Liability
This course will introduce liability insurance and CGL policies, explain distinctions between the law in Quebec and the rest of Canada, and review the definition of and defences against negligence.
You will learn:
- The ABC rule of negligence
- General legal principles
- Defences against negligence
- The Standard CGL Policy and additional available coverages
- Underwriting exposure measurement and more
2 Continuing Education Credit Hours – General / Adjuster
Accredited in BC, AB, SK, MB
Get Instant Access | $85 (Fast, easy, done)
More Info about the objectives of this course
Toggle Module textCourse Objectives
- Understand the purpose of Liability Insurance.
- Know the definition of liability
- Understand the need for liability insurance
- Understand what liability insurance will and will not cover
- Learn the definitions, general legal principles of, and defences, against negligence.
- Learn the ABC rule of negligence as it applies in Quebec and the rest of Canada.
- Understand the defences available against liability claims in common law and in Quebec.
- Understand the general legal principles used in Canadian civil courts.
- Understand the standard CGL policy and additional available coverages.
- Understand the coverages offered in a standard CGL policy.
- Learn some of the miscellaneous coverages that are – and aren’t – available
- Learn about underwriting exposure measurement