Introduction to Travel Insurance Medical and Dental Coverage
This course is included as part of your ILS General CE, Adjuster CE or Life/A&S Course Subscription
This course is designed for those needing to understand, or refresh their knowledge of the medical and dental coverage for those traveling.
- The need for insurance and travel insurance, along with an overview of its history and development over time.
- An overview of the common law duties associated with an insurance contract and the obligations that come with these.
- How Medical and Dental Insurance coverage minimizes the financial risks of travel.
- A look at the benefits and limitations of Medical Insurance coverage, its terms, conditions and examples of circumstances where it may prove beneficial.
- How Dental Insurance coverage benefits travelers, including examples of its use, and application of certain terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions that apply specifically to Emergency Evacuation
- Insurance coverage, along with examples of situations where it has protected travelers.
- The terms and conditions governing Repatriation Insurance Coverage, along with examples of situations where it can protect an insured traveler.
- How Pre-Existing Insurance coverage aids travelers, including examples of its use, and application of certain terms and conditions.
More Info on Course Lessons
Terms used in this course and in the Travel Insurance industry
Section One: History of insurance and travel insurance and its purpose
Section Two: Contract Law
Section Three: Medical and Dental Insurance Coverage
Section Four: Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage
Section Five: Pre-existing Condition Coverage