Level 1 General Insurance LicensingInsurance Licensing Program BC, SK, MB
ILS L1 Program has everything you need in one package to successfully pass your Level 1 General Insurance Licensing exam in BC, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
Level 1 General Insurance Licensing Exam Program includes:
- L1 General Insurance Licensing online course – 12 Chapters
- L1 Textbook hardcopy – 12 Chapters
- L1 Workbook hardcopy – over 650 quiz questions
- L1 Workbook Answer Key
- L1 Flashcards– over 300 exam type mobile questions
- L1 General Insurance Licensing Practice Exam #1
- L1 General Insurance Licensing Practice Exam #2
- L1 General Insurance Licensing Final Exam
Access duration of 3 months – recommended study time of 80 – 120 hours
The foundation of your ILS L1 Program is the online video course, hardcopy textbook, and workbook, each organized into easy to manage chapters. Utilizing all three learning elements enables you to listen to the content as it is narrated in the video course, follow along in your textbook, and enforce your knowledge retention by answering questions on key concepts in your workbook. With the ILS L1 Program all forms and coverages are current, key concepts are expressed using real life scenarios and examples, end of chapter quizzes can be taken as many times as you wish, and the workbook has over 650 exam type true or false questions along with answer keys.
FILL OUT ONLINE PROCTOR NOMINATION FORM
ILS LEVEL 1 GENERAL INSURANCE LICENSING EXAM FORMAT
Time allowance: 3 hours
Question format: 200 True/False questions
Passing grade: 80%
The Exam Rewrite fee is $150.00 plus tax and any proctor fees that might apply.
EXAM BREAKDOWN BY CHAPTER
Chapter 1 Introduction to General Insurance: 12 Questions
Chapter 2 – Characteristics of Insurance and Other Contracts: 25 Questions
Chapter 3 – Key Insurance Terms and Concepts: 14 Questions
Chapter 4 – Other Insurance Terms: 6 Questions
Chapter 5 – The Business of General Insurance: 8 Questions
Chapter 6 – Introduction to Liability Insurance: 20 Questions
Chapter 7 – Introduction to Automobile Insurance: 28 Questions
Chapter 8 – Introduction to Homeowners Insurance: 21 Questions
Chapter 9 – Introduction to Commercial Insurance: 19 Questions
Chapter 10 – Introduction to Travel Medical Insurance: 5 Questions
Chapter 11 – Government Regulations of Insurance Companies and Brokers: 39 Questions
Chapter 12 – Industry Organizations: 3 Questions
SASKATCHEWAN ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
Individuals considering a general insurance license in Saskatchewan must successfully meet appropriate entry level requirements and complete a license application form. The entry requirements include successfully passing the appropriate examinations.
A summary of information required for a level 1 license is provided below. Individuals should refer to the Saskatchewan Council Bylaws for complete details.
Level 1 General Insurance License
A person applying for a Level 1 license must meet the licensing qualifications for a Restricted Auto Salesperson license (details below) and successfully complete the following:
- General Insurance Council Bylaws examination; and
- The ILS Level 1 General Insurance Licensing Examination
Restricted Auto Salesperson License
A person applying for a Restricted Auto Salesperson license must successfully complete the following:
- If a resident of Saskatchewan, the General Insurance Council Bylaws Examination; and
- the Auto Part I Basic Course and examination and the Auto Part 2 Extension Course and examination offered by the Insurance Brokers’ Association of Saskatchewan; or
- the Auto Part 2 Extension Course and offered by the Insurance Brokers’ Association of Saskatchewan, and the SGI Auto Fund New Issuer Training course and examination; or
- the Saskatchewan Automobile Licensing: Restricted Agent Course and examination offered by the Insurance Institute of Canada; or
- the Extended Auto Insurance Licensing Course and examination offered by the Insurance Institute of Canada, and the SGI Auto Fund New Issuer Training Course and examination.
What's included in the ILS L1 General Insurance Licensing Program
ILS courses and subscriptions are sold on an individual user basis and sharing of subscriptions for access to course materials is strictly forbidden. Any sharing of ILS intellectual property with any person or entity who does not have an assigned username and password will result in termination of course access without refund or compensation.