Occupiers Liability An Analysis of the Legal Rights, Duties and Responsibilities
In this course, we will look at occupiers’ liability under the following topic headings, specifically:
- Occupiers’ Liability – The Basis for Legal Action
- Tort of Negligence: A Common Basis of Legal Action against Occupiers
- Occupiers’ Liability Acts
- The Rationale
- Higher Standard of Duty of Care Owed to Children
- Factors used by the Court in Determining Liability of Occupiers
- Suggested Risk Management Techniques
- Slip and Fall Claims
- Was There an Unusual Danger?
- Ought the Defendant to Have Known of the Danger?
- Was Reasonable Care Taken by the Occupier?
- Did the Invitee Use Reasonable Care?
- Host Liquor Liability
- The Basis of Most Alcohol-Related Suits
- The Expansion of Alcohol-Related Liability
- Risk Management for Alcohol-Related Liabilities